Discover more from Morfternight
Morfternight #88: Greetings from NYC
The one with a lucky number.
Today we keep it tight, a true digital postcard.
🤩 Welcome to the 172 new Morfternighters who joined us last week.
I love having you here and hope you’ll enjoy reading Morfternight.
Share with your friends by clicking this button.
📷 Photo of the week
Ride — More Photos
👋 Good Morfternight!
I am traveling, so I’ll keep Morfternight brief this week, but I’ll add a teaser for a mid-week special edition coming to your inbox on June 8th.
🗺️ A few places to visit
An exciting idea: “90% of My Skills Are Now Worth $0...but the other 10% are worth 1000x” explored along with examples of how ChatGPT would have written it. Great conversation in the comments, too; worth reading.
Leica launched their new compact camera, and Om Malik describes What’s wrong with Leica Q3. I haven’t tried the Q3 yet, but I am very familiar with the Q and the Q2, as well as the SL2-S and M11, and I can say I 100% agree with Om that changing the button layout is a profound design mistake.
I genuinely believe that “Prompt Engineer” is going to be a prevalent role in our future. If you aren’t sure what this means, check Writers Are Becoming ‘AI Prompt Engineers,’ a Job Which May or May Not Exist.
🤖 For how long is this going to remain funny?
A fun ad; well done. That said, it makes me think about an April Fool’s Day post we published on the WordPress.com blog about eight years ago, titled Writers’ block? No problem! Introducing AutoMatton.
It was a fun joke that, eight years later, has become a reality.
If I think about Boston Dynamics robots, that billboard leaves me perplexed.